Wednesday 16 January 2019

SLJ Day 4 More Than Meets The Eye

Activity 1  Scaling New Heights
  1. How did you get into climbing?
  2. What made you want to climb Mt Cook?
  3. Did you do climbing when you were a kid?
  4. Do you think that you inspire people?
  5. How did you prepare yourself to climb Mt Cook?


Activity 2  Pancakes and Maple Syrup
Chicken and Vegetable Risotto (Serves 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 cups calrose rice
3 cups chicken stock
500g frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
½ cup of cream (optional)
1 cup grated smoked cheese (optional)
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese


Heat in a large saucepan cook onion, stirring  until soft.
Add rice, stir to in oil mixture. Add stock and vegetables, bring to boil.
Reduce heat, simmer covered for 15 minutes stirring midway
through cooking. Stir in remaining ingredients, remove from heat and
let stand for 10 minutes.


This recipe is from a cookbook in our house that we use all the time.


Activity 3 Salt and Pepper
My hotel would be along the beach in Perth Australia.
It would be made of concrete and wood.
There would be a pool and spa there would also be a restaurant.
In my hotel there would be 25 rooms.
The rooms would be quite big with a bathroom, kitchen, and depending
what room 1,2 or 3 bedrooms, and a little living room with a TV.
It would be a smoothed out concrete as the walls on the outside.
On the inside the walls would be a normal smooth wood wall painted white.
This is a drawing of the rooms in my hotel. It is a two bedroom room.
Here is a picture of my hotel



6 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah!

    Just me again :) - Great to see another day of activities all done!

    Activity One:
    These are some fantastic questions to ask Sir Edmund Hilary!
    I really like your questions: 1, 3 and 5 :)

    I did have a little read about him on this short bigraphy page:
    https://www.notablebiographies.com/He-Ho/Hillary-Edmund.html

    It tells you a little bit about how he first became interested in mountains which I thought was pretty cool... incase you want to check it out :)

    Do you think that you would like to climb a mountain like this one day?

    Activity Two:
    YUM! Chicken and vegetable risotto sounds delicious!
    Do you help to cook this at home?
    I used to cook for my family and one of my favourite things to make was lasange! My brother used to love eating it too :)

    My Mum also let us pick what meal we wanted for our birthday when I was growing up and I always used to pick something with mashed potatoes and gravy ...It was my favourite - Do you do that too? Would you pick this risotto?

    Activity Three:
    Woah! Cool hotel! Your drawing is really fantastic!
    I like that you have thought about other facilities you would have in your hotel too and the different sized rooms you would have.

    Why did you pick Perth? Do you have family there or have you visited before? I have never been to Perth before but I have heard pretty cool things - Build this hotel on the beach and I am sold! :)

    Great work with day 4 of activities Hannah!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konichiwa Ellee,
      I think I would climb a mountain like that one day, but maybe not as big.:)

      I like mash potato and gravy as well and I would pick chicken risotto for a birthday dinner.

      I choose Perth because it has lots of amazing beaches, and the weather is always sunny. :) I have family in Perth, and we have visited Perth once before.
      -Hannah

      Delete
  2. Bonjour Hannah!

    These are great questions if you had gotten the chance to ask Sir Edmund Hillary.
    Hmm.. chicken and vegetable risotto. Iv'e tried this recipe before in fact your mum or dad made it for me once for dinner, it was really good! I like risottos and if I hadn't had it before I would of wanted to try this recipe.

    This is a great picture of what you would have in a hotel. It's and nice and big hotel room.If you had the chance would you own one where you would want it or would you want to design and build one? Have you ever stayed in a hotel this big?

    Another set of day activities done, you're on a roll.
    Tino Pai Hannah!
    -Jennae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennae,
      If I had the chance to own a hotel I would have in along a beach in Perth. Where would you have yours?

      I have never stayed in a hotel this big,but I have stayed in one that is a little bit smaller. Have you stayed in a hotel this big before?
      -Hannah

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah,
    Great job on completing this activity! I like how much detail you put into your drawing of your hotel, do you want to want to own one just like that when you can get a job? What kind of food would they serve in the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Alex,
      I don't know if I want to own a hotel but it could be a possibility. I would severe, fish and chips, burgers, salads, and other things like that. As well as ice cream and pavlova.
      Would you want to own a hotel? :)
      -Hannah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.