Saturday 19 January 2019

SLJ Day 2 Protecting Our Own Week 4

Activity 1 A Flying Fox
I want to try the zip lining in Rotorua, because being able to go on
long zip line sounds fun plus look down at all the plants and nature.
It would be fun to have the wind whipping at your face, as you zoom
of the tree tops. Although it would be fun it would be a bit scary, the
thought of being metres high in the air hanging from a wire is a bit
scary.
Over all I would love to try the zip lining and fly over the trees, and
look down and admire the view.


Activity 2 Protective Plant
  1. Plums
  2. Capsicum
  3. Raspberries
  4. Oranges
  5. Mint
  6. Kumara
  7. Apples
  8. Corn
  9. Onions

Activity 3 A House Is Not A Home

I picked the Lansan trees in the Caribbean because I think it is
interesting that people believed that the resin from the trees can
be used ward mosquitoes. I think that it is good that they are
teaching the people who harvest the resin from the trees how to do
it in a way so they don’t damage the trees.

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour Hannah!

    I enjoyed reading your posts. Especially your first one on going ziplinging. Not going to lie but zipling would be so fun but like you said hanging from a piece of wire is scary and for me it would be trustworthy. I have never been ziplining before have you?

    -Jennae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konichiwa Jennae!
      I have been zip lining before. When I was on holiday in Australia we went to this tree top course, and it had a lot of zip lines from tree to tree.
      -Hannah

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Hannah!

    I understand what you mean by “it would be fun it would be a bit scary, the thought of being metres high in the air hanging from a wire is a bit scary.” The first time I was going down the zipline at Rotorua my legs felt like jelly!


    Thanks for this wonderful list of veggies!
    Yum! One of my New Year's resolutions is to eat fresher! Your lovely list sounds amazing! You have included a mix of fruits and veggies, and even some herbs. Delicious.

    Great decision in choosing the Lansan trees in the Caribbean. Protecting trees are very important! Thank you for choosing this project.

    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hasiba,
      I have not been to Rotorua at all. But I have been zip lining before, I went when I was on holiday in Australia. My family went to a tree top course and there were zip lines we had to go on to get from tree to tree.
      -Hannah

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah,
    Great job on completing this activity! I agree that zip lining over a long distance sounds fun, but try and make sure that you don't go over any of the hot springs because the smell isn't very pleasant and anything lighter than air like smells rises and goes upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alex,
    Thank you for the comment. I agree with you that I would not want to go over any hot springs because of the smell. Have you been to Rotorua before?
    -Hannah:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.